Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

I'm not quite sure how to explain our thanksgiving this year. So many emotions, sadness, emptyness, anixety, overwhelmed, happy, and of course thankful. Sadness and emptiness of missing my dad. I've spent all but one thanksgiving with him, that's a total of 27 and i'm sure to have more thanksgivings without him and that leaves an empty spot in my heart. I miss him, plain and simple, I'm thinking Christmas will be harder and I'm looking forward to it being over in a way, but also looking forward to watching Avery enjoy it. Anixety and overwhelmed began the morning of Thanksgiving...everyones feelings were a little shattered with my niece and dad missing, plus we were at my sister and bro in law (who is a cop and lost a best bud the week before in the line of fire) and people were calling to wish us a happy day. My nephew called to tell us that my brother, who lives in Panama, was seriously injured the week before and had been laying in a coma all week...um seriously are you kidding me? Just what we need!! So long story short, the guy with the information leaves us with no contact info and says he will call again that night...so we wait...and wait...and eat...and wait...and finally I get sick of waiting and start calling hospitals in Panama City (all 15 of them) and they tell me they either can't speak English, don't have my bro, or just polietly hang up on me...I email his company and a few more hosptials and go to bed, hoping that the next day would be a fresh start...the next morning I'm finally able to get a hold of his boss and find out that he was run over by a dump truck and is alive, but injured badly...I also was able to talk to him on Sunday for the first time. The happy emotions were that it was thanksgiving and I was at my sisters. Avery and her cousing James were in love with each other and I have the best husband and cutest little girl ever!! I hope your Thanksgiving was a little better then mine and with only happiness as your feelings!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm sorry the day wasn't easy, it can only get better, friend.

    ReplyDelete