Friday, March 2, 2012

30!!

Tomorrow I turn 30...I'm not sure how that's possible, but it's the truth and somehow I've got to accept it!! I've been reflecting on my 20's and wanted to write down a few things that I either experienced or learned each year...so here's my list...

20~I was a sophomore in college and met my future husband(we were chemistry lab partners and I had a HUGE crush)...when I think back about life, I feel like this is where mine began.

21~I moved out of my parents house to England...just a little move...across the pond (aka ocean)...I called my dad the minute I landed and asked him if I could come back home...of course he said yes but only after a week of trying it and well I didn't come home, instead I had the most amazing time. Met new friends who would be life long, experienced culture in many different countries, enjoyed going to classes (especially my American Studies class, that was always a good time), and backpacked across Europe with a friend. I learned independence at the age of 21 and knew that I could do anything...

22~I graduated college and began the teaching credential program...I worked hard at school and just enjoyed being young and in love...

23~I finished the credential program and began the process of finding a job. I actually began to believe that I was an adult who had to make a living...I moved to Oceanside, right by the beach(oh how I miss our old beach house) with my love and learned how to live with another person!! Such fun things you learn about people when you live with them!!

24~I got my first teaching job...2nd grade!! I loved it...and I began my masters program!! I was very motivated in my twenties...mmm maybe I need to get back into school!!

25~I graduated with a Masters in Education and we celebrated 5 years of being together with a puppy!!

26~I got engaged and started planning my wedding!!!

27~My niece passed away unexpectedly and it shook our family to the core...I learned about grieving, but it was followed by our wedding, honeymoon, and baby...we were married and traveled Europe for a month and came home with the best souvenir ever...I was soon to be a mommy!!

28~I experienced more love then I knew existed in one's heart...my little girl made me a mommy and that was and still is the most amazing thing ever!!

29~wow...what a year...I've had more emotions this year then one should ever have...I've watched my baby turn into a girl, my dad's health deplete and then his passing, and witnessed my family suffer. It hasn't been easy, in fact this has been the worst year of my life, however I've learned from it...I'm trying to be in the now, the past can be sad and the future scary, but the now is often good and breathing helps too...

I'm hoping for a wonderful first year of my 30's and we are off to play and live in the now!!

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful life filled with love, and the pain of saying goodbye to loved ones only makes us stronger. Happy Birthday Christina! Here's to 30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30th! I love the reflection on your 20s. What a great way to remember such a significant decade of your life. Hope the next decade brings much more love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday again :) What a great idea, I loved reading about your 20s, hope your 30s are even better!

    ReplyDelete