Thursday, November 4, 2010

HAWAII

We went to Hawaii last week and had an awesome time. I'm so ready to go back, if I could take my bed and Avery's crib, I'd live there!! We were very lucky to stay in an amazing house with great friends and my mother in law came, a sitter in Hawaii is wonderful!! We were on the big island, Kona side, which has tons of volcanic rocks all over, it's a sight to see...in front of our house we had tide pools and little ponds...the ponds were perfect for Avery. No waves come in and it's like sitting in a bath tub with sand to play with and eat of course!! Speaking of baths, how cute is this little girl in the sink? She fit perfectly and had to have many baths to get the sand and sunscreen off!! She loved all the attention she got during the week, can you tell? When we got home I realized almost all of our pictures are of her...good think grandma took pictures of Hawaii for us!! The lovely couple we stayed with are our old neighbors and they bought her this little costume. And our little happy angel loved it and I think she's starting to know what the camera is and becoming a little ham with it...I love it!!

We were able to borrow a backpack from friends and it was perfect...we used it all the time. We took hikes and went to tide pools with her tagging along. She would hang out or fall asleep and it was wonderful!!

One day we drove around the island and checked out the volcanos and black sand beaches. There were 8 turtles just hanging out on the sand and more in the water...I love turtles and they remind me of our last trip to Hawaii where Dana proposed on Turtle Beach!!

The weather was strange, one minute sunny, the next cloudy, then rainy and oh so humid!! It wasn't until our last night there that we got a sunset. We went snokeling three days and it was amazing. I feel like I'm a fish when I snokel and in a whole new world...I love when turtles swim with you and fish come up to you and check you out. We saw a few eels too!! It was awesome!! I have a huge fear of drowning in the ocean so for me snokeling is defeating a fear and I leave on an emotional high that lasts forever...like I can do anything!!

The best part of our vacation was being together with my hubs and baby for an entire week...Avery did awesome on the plane and the time change and was her wonderful self for the whole week!! I can't wait to plan another vacation soon, if only I could win the lottery!!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! The pic w/ Avery in the hula costume is priceless. Christmas card picture? I think so!

    ReplyDelete